The maintenance management function has changed significantly and has expanded beyond its previous focus on operational and plant/industrial maintenance activities. In a modern organisations, the Maintenance Management Practitioners are expected to add value to the industry by designing and aligning maintenance management strategies,systems and policies with business goals and strategies. Apply Now
This programme is a management development programme for middle managers and comprises the range of management subjects suitable for:
- Manager and Engineers who wish to pursue professional executive level programmes in maintenance management and management related studies
- Engineering Professionals who wish to develop their professional practice and require a qualification in maintenance management and development studies
- Recent graduates engineers and professionals with limited or no managerial experience who wish to progress into a career in maintenance management and development studies.
- This programme provides an innovative blend of education and skills development appropriate to those working in the services industry.
- The programme is focused to enrich candidates with in-depth knowledge, practical insight and all round skills with range of subjects suitable for professionals qualifications in maintenance management & development studies.
- Maintenance Management & Reliability Engineering
- Maintenance Engineering,Safety and Risk Management
- Asset & Facilities Maintenance Management
- Maintenance Planning,Scheduling & Control
- Candidates should have a degree or equivalent qualification or qualifications from an approved professional body or institution.
- Professional Qualifications (Level 7 of International qualifications,Etc); or
- Maintenance practitioner with 5years working exp.can also apply for consideration
Duration: Minimum 4 months and
Maximum 9 months
Final Examination.Candidates are expected to achieve 50% pass mark to receive this award.
- Engr.Godfried Otu-Boateng is the Executive Director of Graduate Institute of Maintenance Management Professionals (GIMMP) and has over 20 years of management, engineering and operations experience in the service industry- virtually all on occupational health and safety, HAZOP study management, plant systems and maintenance management and engineering applications and design,control systems and installation.
- Academically, Engr.Godfried Otu-Boateng, possesses cross disciplinary skills, competencies and expertise which makes him a seasoned professional engineer in Mechanical Engineering and Health and safety Management. He holds Master of Science in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management, Ghana Institute Management and Public Administration(GIMPA); Master of Maintenance Management & Reliability Engineering,IICPM,South Africa; Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Ghana Institute Management and Public Administration (GIMPA); Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies, Ghana School of Law,Mokola, Accra,Post Graduate Certificate in Project Management, International Institute of Chartered Project Management(IICPM), South Africa; Bachelor of Science(Bsc) in Mechanical Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science Technology,Kumasi;Currently, he is a PhD Scholar (Candidate) in Occupational Health & Safety, Livingstone International University, Lusaka-Zambia.
Engr. Godfried Otu-Boateng is a Certified Professional Engineer, by Engineering Council of Ghana,and Corporate Member of Institution of Engineering & Technology, Ghana, Certified Master Training Instructor from Institution of Engineering & Technology, Ghana
The group project experience is highly valued by both students and prospective employers where teams of students work to solve an industrial problem. The project applies technical knowledge and provides training in teamwork and the opportunity to develop non-technical aspects of the taught programme. Part-time students can prepare a dissertation on an agreed topic in place of the group project.
Industrially orientated, our team projects have support from external organisations. As a result of external engagement, Cranfield students enjoy a higher degree of success when it comes to securing employment. Prospective employers value the student experience where team working to find solutions to industrially based problems are concerned.
Students select the individual project in consultation with the Course Director. The individual project provides you with the opportunity to demonstrate their ability to carry out independent research, think and work in an original way, contribute to knowledge and overcome genuine problems.